Application for admission to a Master's degree programme
You intend to apply for a Master's degree programme at our University. A good choice! We are glad about your interest and heartily welcome you. At the moment you can choose between Master's degree programmes in more than 70 fields of study. We are also continuously extending our Master's degree programmes.
The application deadline for the winter semester 2014/15 has been extended for the following Master's degree programmes:
- Gerontologie (MSc): 15 September 2014
- Integrated Life Sciences (ILS): Biologie, Biomathematik, Biopyhsik(MSc): 15 September 2014
- Materialphysik (MSc): 15 September 2014
- Physik (MSc): 15 September 2014
Application information for specific degree programmes:
- FACT: A pass in the admissions test before the application or alternatively a GMAT® score of at least 600 points (the admissions test is mandatory for the 'Zertifikat Angewandte BWL und VWL in der Wirtschaftsprüfung' [certificate for applied business studies and economics in auditing])
- Management: A pass in the admissions test before the application or a GMAT® score of at least 600 points
- Psychology: Admission restrictions for semesters 1 and 3 in the winter semester.
- 1 August 2014 is the application deadline for submitting complete applications with supporting evidence
- 15 September 2014 for submission of Bachelor's degree programme certificates with final grades.
New and interesting:
The two Master's degree programmes, Physik and Materialphysik, are offered both in English and German. The possibility to complete the study course in both languages is guaranteed. Either of the two optional subjects can be selected, but lectures in one of the two is compulsory and held either in English or German. If necessary, there will be two groups with regard to exercises and practical training. Students can choose whether they want to pass their exams in English or German, written tests will be offered in both languages. Further information is available on the websites of these Master's degree programmes.
If you want to inform yourself about the above mentioned Master's degree programmes, you will find further details here:
Please also observe the information and explanations concerning the certification of documents.
For further information on the most common queries please refer to our FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions). They are also available under the menu item "FAQ" on the online application portal.
Please do not contact us by e-mail or telephone to ask about the status of your application. Due to the high number of applications, we unfortunately cannot answer individual enquiries. After we have registered your application, you can check its status in move-in.
If you have not heard from us, your application is still being processed and has not yet been registered. Thank you for your patience.
The application for a Master's degree programme is solely accepted online via our online application portal. In addition, all application documents must be submitted in hard copy to the Master's Office.
If you want to apply online, this is the right place for you to start. We have instructed a well-experienced software company to develop a programme which enables you to enter your data easily and without any risks.This programme is provided by QS Unisolution in Stuttgart under contract to the Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg. Supporting documents can be uploaded in the online application portal. The uploading of documents is optional. If you skip the upload area, this will not affect any features of the online application portal.
Please observe: The uploading of documents is compulsory if you want to apply for the Master’s degree programmes Management, Marketing, Maschinenbau, Materialphysik, Mechatronik, Physik or Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen.
An instruction for creating and uploading of necessary files can be found here. The programme is called move in and this can be taken literally. If you click on the link move in, you will be automatically directed from the FAU website to the online application portal move in provided by QS Unisolution in Stuttgart. Good luck!